Sailmaking Postal Ballot

Sigma 33 Association News
Donald McLaren

Sailmaking Postal Ballot

Post by Donald McLaren » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:18 pm

Following the survey of members' views in September, the committee took a few days to agree how the required Postal Ballot should be structured. That is now decided, and the paperwork is being sent HARD COPY to all registered members of the Class Association. (Hard copy because it became evident from the survey that some members struggle to receive material by email. Email responses will, however, be accepted in the Ballot.)

The covering letter accompanying the Ballot Paper is attached here. The mailing from Jo Chugg - which should be received by Friday 11th October - also includes the Winter Offer paperwork from Elvstrom.

A lot of work is also nearing completion regarding continuity of supply of masts and critical mast components. I will publish another article on this shortly, but feel free to get in touch if you have any immediate questions. It is all good news, and we should be assured mast supply for the foreseeable future.
Attachments
Ballot Cover.pdf
Postal Ballot Cover Letter
(22.98 KiB) Downloaded 502 times

Kuba

Re: Sailmaking - October 2013 - Postal Ballot

Post by Kuba » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:04 pm

Donald

Forgive me asking (there always have to be one :lol: ) - how do you want us to vote. Especially if I want to vote electronically. Shall I just send an e-mail to Jo with my vote?

There is a mention of ballot paper - does it mean it will be with me by snail mail? I could not see it attached anywhere?

Brgds
Kuba
Brgds
Kuba

Polished Manx - IOM 8666

Donald McLaren

Post by Donald McLaren » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:34 pm

Kuba, as you say, there always has to be one ...

As you will see from the Cover Letter, a Ballot Paper is accompanying the Snail Mail package. Both the letter and the Ballot Paper make it clear that you can reply by email (to Jo) as an alternative to posting the form back. And indeed you will need to indicate YES or NO in your email.

We had hoped that we had progressed well with email-based communications, and will continue to use them extensively. As the letter explains, however, there are clearly people who don't receive emails with attachments - or in some cases don't receive Jo's emails at all. We don't have the luxury just now of time to resolve all of the reasons for this, but hope to continue to improve the accuracy of our email Distribution Lists and to understand (and cope with) the members who are unwilling to accept emails with attachments.

As always, we look forward to hearing from you!

Donald.

Kuba

Post by Kuba » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:38 pm

Perfect - all clear now. Thank you
Brgds
Kuba

Polished Manx - IOM 8666