Champagne Sailing and 5 different boats claim bullets

Andy Johns

Champagne Sailing and 5 different boats claim bullets

Post by Andy Johns » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:02 pm

Saturday 5th June saw 9 Solent Sigma 33s competing in a one day regatta run by the Island Sailing Club. The committee boat was sensibly located over Peel bank out of the way of other fleets and out of the worst of the tide in what was forecast to be a light wind event. The breeze was stronger than expect ranging from 8 to 16kts which allowed 7 races to be completed. The format of 5 short punchy windward leeward course with a couple of round the cans courses (with 30 mins for lunch :lol: ) worked exceptionally well and the resulting racing was exceptionally close. Alexa, Shadowfax, Sigress, Whippa Snappa and Workout all claimed at least one bullet and the top 4 boats were separated by 2 points when the single discard was counted. Well done to Jeff Worboys and the Workout team for clinching 1st place.

Full Results

http://www.sigma33.co.uk/events/result/43
Last edited by Andy Johns on Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.

David Crawforth

Re: Champagne Sailing and 5 different boats claim bullets

Post by David Crawforth » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:57 pm

Excellent racing and good to see a couple of other boats in the ISC bar after (even the lager drinking one!), and the race committee. Shame we couldn't stay a bit longer...

Kuba

Post by Kuba » Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:11 pm

Great Report too :D

Thank you and looking forward to more ;)
Brgds
Kuba

Polished Manx - IOM 8666

RolandoBrown

Post by RolandoBrown » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:01 am

When I initially commented I clicked the "Notify me when new comments are added" checkbox and now each time a comment is added I get several emails with the same comment. Is there any way you can remove me from that service? Bless you!

Rajendra Piping is also stock well cold-drawn seamless steel tubes of internal threads, seamless steel tubes for ship building, seamless steel tubes for diamond core drilling, seamless steel tubes for hydraulic pillar service and various alloy steel tubes , API 5L X52 Pipe suppliers.